The first convoy of buses carrying terrorist fighters and their families from the central province of Homs has reached to northern Syria.
The evacuations from besieged northern parts of Homs province are part of an agreement reached last week between insurgent terrorists who are unwilling to settle their status and Russia to leave the area or surrender. The Syrian government will take control of the area after militants leave.
SANA said terrorist groups positioned in Homs northern countryside and Hama southern countryside handed over a car equipped with rocket launcher, a car equipped with medium machinegun and what is called “hell cannon” along with a mortar launcher and a cannon, in addition to tanks’ shells and BMP cannon, mines and various types of ammunition.
The Syrian state news agency says 62 buses left late Monday and more convoys will follow.
SANA also said that preparations were underway to evacuate the second batch of terrorists along with their families via al-Rastan corridor on the direction of Hama, after evacuating the first batch on board 62 busses and transporting them to northern Syria on Monday evening.