The Israeli occupation authority (IOA) compelled two Palestinian citizens in East Jerusalem to demolish their homes on Friday, displacing their families under the guise of unpermitted construction.
According to local sources in Silwan, the Israeli municipality forced Mohamed Samreen to demolish his own home he had built as an annexe to his father’s house in 2018.
For the 194th consecutive day, the Israeli occupation forces continues the ongoing aggression on the Tulkarm and Nour Shams camps in occupied West Bank. pic.twitter.com/R4IrBISYo8
— Quds News Network (@QudsNen) August 9, 2025
Samreen, who lived in the house with his wife and kid, said that the municipality threatened to make him pay more than 70,000 shekels if he refused to carry out the demolition himself.
The municipality had already fined Samreen 24,000 shekels for building his home with no permits.
In Sur Baher town, the Israeli municipality also forced Hamza Omeira to carry out the demolition of his home at his own expense.
Omeira said he had to comply with the Israeli demolition order to avoid paying the Israeli municipality exorbitant money in fines and demolition expenses.
A family of 16 lived in the house, which Omeira had built 25 years ago.
On Thursday, the Israeli municipality forced a Jerusalemite citizen from the family of Qara’in to demolish his home in the Wadi Hilweh neighborhood of Silwan district.
Meanwhile, the Al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of Islamic Jihad Resistance Movement, circulated footage of firing missiles at Nir Am Zionist settlement in Gaza enclave in response to the Israeli desecration of Al-Aqsa Mosque.
Video shows Al-Quds Brigades fighters firing Quds 3 missiles at Nir Am settlement in #Gaza enclave in response to the Zionist desecration of Al-Aqsa Mosque pic.twitter.com/wbHCmsMdYW
— ManarWeb (@WebManar) August 9, 2025
Source: Agencies (edited and translated by Al-Manar English Website)