Israeli genocide against the people in Gaza proceeds, with the occupation army going ahead on day 37 of the aggression with its deliberate targeting of the hospitals and civilians in the Gaza city. Meanwhile, and despite the Israeli atrocities, the resistance in the besieged enclave still stands firm, inflicting more losses upon the occupation forces in legendary confrontations in several fronts across the Gaza Strip.
Israeli attacks on hospitals in the northern part of the besieged enclave continued on Sunday. Israeli occupation ground forces have also surrounded Al-Shifa Hospital, Gaza’s biggest medical center.
The Intensive Care Unit in al-Shifa Hospital has been badly damaged by Israeli army bombing for a second time, the Gaza Health Ministry has said.
A health official said an Israeli air attack has destroyed the cardiac ward of Al-Shifa Hospital.
“The occupier completely destroyed the cardiac department of Al-Shifa Hospital… The two-storey building has been completely destroyed in an air strike,” Yousef Abu Al-Rish, deputy health minister in Gaza, told AFP.
Al Jazeera publishes footage from Shifa Hospital to show how bad the situation is at the hospital. pic.twitter.com/ebwn4lmvp6
— W i z a r d S X (@WizardSX0) November 11, 2023
Gaza Health Ministry spokesperson Ashraf Al-Qudra has told Reuters that Israeli fire was “terrorizing medical officials and civilians alike” at Al-Shifa Hospital.
He said 2 babies of the 45 babies had already died due to the power blackout.
— Sarah Wilkinson (@swilkinsonbc) November 11, 2023
Muhammad Abu Salmiya, Al-Shifa Hospital director, told Al Jazeera on Saturday that al-Shifa’s buildings were being targeted and any person moving within the hospital compound was being attacked by Israeli snipers.
Meanwhile, Palestine Red Crescent Society (PRCS) announced on Sunday that Al-Quds Hospital is no longer operational due to a lack of fuel and a power outage.
Also on Sunday, Israeli warplanes committed a fresh massacre by targeting a residential block in the southern city of Khan Yunis, killing at least 13 people and injuring dozens others, Palestinian media reported.
“Death Toll Likely Higher”
The Government Media Office in Gaza said on Sunday that the number of deaths in the ongoing Israeli aggression since October 7 has surpassed 11,100, including more than 8,000 children and women.
“Due to the targeting of hospitals and the prevention of entry of any of the bodies or wounded, the Ministry of Health was unable, on Saturday, to issue accurate statistics for the numbers of dead and injured during the past hours,” the media office said in a statement.
“We recall that the occupation has committed more than 1,130 massacres, and the number of casualties reached more than 11,100 dead, including more than 8,000 children and women, and the number of wounded was more than 28,000,” it said.
Meanwhile on Sunday, the Gaza-based resistance went ahead with heroic confrontations against Israeli occupation forces in a bid to defend the besieged enclave against the Zionist incursion.
Ferocious clashes were taking place on Sunday on several fronts across the strip, with legendary confrontations being reported on the southwestern front of Gaza.
Al-Qassam Brigades, the military wing of the Hamas Palestinian resistance movement announced that at least 3 tanks and an Israeli vehicle were destroyed by Yassin-105 projectile. It added that its fighters detonated an anti-personnel bomb, targeting an infantry force east of Khan Yunis.
The resistance group also announced firing heavy mortar shells on the so-called kibbutz of Holit. It released a video of rocket fire at the occupied territories, saying that the strike was on Sunday (November 12).
Al-Quds Brigades, the military wing of the Islamic Jihad resistance group, announced its fighters were engaged in fierce clashes with Israeli occupation forces who were attempting to advance southwest of Gaza city. It added that heavy mortar shells were fired at occupation forces stationed in the area.
Earlier on Saturday, Al-Qassam Brigades Spokesman Abu Ubeida pronounced “total or partial destruction of over 160 units of Zionist military equipment since the start of the ground invasion of the enemy, hitting over 25 units over the past 48 hours alone.”
The Israeli occupation military, meanwhile on Saturday, said that five of its soldiers were killed in the battles taking place in Gaza.
Source: Al-Manar English Website