Hezbollah Secretary General Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah assured on the eve of Ashura that despite all the efforts tyrants made throughout history to erase the trace of Imam Hussein (as), his memory remains and as Sayyeda Zeinab said “by Allah, you won’t erase our memory” we see today massive rallies around the world still mourning him.
Sayyed Nasrallah spoke about some of the great lessons that Karbala teaches us, stating:
- Karbala is a lesson for us in not submitting and in baring responsibility.
- Karbala is a lesson for us in supporting the oppressed.
- Karbala holds a lesson in the importance of faith and ideology in the face of material desires. Any cause cannot continue without faith in its legitimacy.
- Among the lessons of Karbala is importance of referring to Allah in all deeds.
- Among the lessons of Karbala is benefiting from all the media tools available.
- Among the lessons of Karbala is preserving the sanctities.
- Among the lessons of Karbala is the importance of variability in any group as the battle requires men, women, youth, elderlies, scholars, clerics …
- Among the lessons of Karbala is the will to sacrifice with everything for the sake of achieving the goal.
- One of the lessons of Karbala is asceticism in life and its glories.
- One of the lessons of Karbala is competition in going to the battlefield.
- One of the lessons of Karbala is altruism just like Aba Al-Fadel Al-Abbas did, refusing to drink from the water before taking it to the camp.
- Karbala is a lesson in discipline, good manners and morals.
- One of the lessons of Karbala for the leaders is that they are the ones to sacrifice first by sending their dearest to the battlefield, just like Imam Hussein sent Al-Al Akbar.
- Karbala is a lesson in generosity at its utmost. In Karbala, after the husband was killed, the wife sent her sons to fight with Imam Hussein.
- One of the lessons of Karbala is the stability of stance in the major and central cause.
- Among the lessons of Karbala are placidity, tranquility, faith, certainty and strength.
- One of the lessons of Karbala is performing the duty until the last breath.
- It is a lesson in patience and tolerating the calamities and bereavements.
In conclusion, his eminence said that the lesson of the tenth eve of Muharram is love, the great love among this group that refused to leave Imam Hussein (as) alone. This mercy, great passion loyalty and love for Allah.
Finally, as each year on this eve, Sayyed Nasrallah pledged loyalty to “Imam Hussein, and who embodies Imam Hussein today, and the cause of Imam Hussein,” asserting “we will stay firm in the face of wars of all kind, whether economic, political, media or other… and just as the slogan did not fall from the hands of Al-Abbas, it will not fall today and we will not leave you o Hussein.”