The number of US occupation soldiers, who have been diagnosed with traumatic brain injuries [TBI] after the Iranian operation on the US occupation base of Ain al-Assad in Iraq, has increased to 64, the Pentagon said.
“As of today, 64 US service members have been diagnosed with mild traumatic brain injury, or TBI. 14 additional service members have been diagnosed with TBI since the previous report,” the US war department said in a statement on late Thursday.
The Pentagon claimed that 39 servicemen with TBI have already returned to duty.
“We’ll continue to monitor them the rest of their lives, actually, and continue to provide whatever treatment is necessary,” Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley said, as quoted by the statement.
Earlier this week, the US war department said 50 US troops had been diagnosed with TBI after Iran launched ballistic missiles on January 8 on two Iraqi bases where US occupation troops are stationed.
The operation on January 8 was part of Iran’s response to the US assassination of Iran’s IRGC Quds Force Commander Lieutenant General Qassem Suleimani on January 3.