The Israeli occupation military launched another series of air raids on the Gaza Strip early on Monday, for the eighth consecutive day of aggression against the besieged strip.
Palestinian media reported more than 70 strikes on several targets across Gaza, with explosions rocking the city from north to south in a bombardment that was heavier, wider and lasted longer than the air raids that killed at least 42 Palestinians and wounded dozens more on Sunday.
So far, at least 197 Palestinians were martyred in the strikes, including 58 children and 34 women, Gaza Health Ministry announced. It added that nearly 1,300 others have been injured.
Earlier on Sunday, Israeli caretaker Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said the attacks on the Palestinian enclave would rage on.
For its part, Palestinian Resistance factions continued to pound Israeli cities and other targets with dozens of rockets. 10 Israelis have been killed by the launch of rockets from Gaza, Israeli media reported.
Israeli analysts were describing Netanyahu on Monday as ‘getting all mixed up’, citing the Zionist entity’s inability to stop the launch of rockets from Gaza, in addition to the closure of the airport in Tel Aviv.
Earlier on Sunday, the UN Security Council met on Sunday to discuss the violence but failed to agree on even a joint statement of concern.
China said it was the United States that obstructed the council from speaking “with one voice”.