Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif reiterated on Sunday that Tehran won’t make the first move to restore the 2015 nuclear deal, stressing that ending snap inspection of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) doesn’t breech the pact.
“The US will not be able to rejoin the nuclear pact before it lifts sanctions … Once everybody implements their side of obligations, there will be talks,” Zarif told Iran’s English Language Press TV.
“(US President Joe) Biden claims that (former president Donald) Trump’s maximum pressure policy was maximum failure…but they have not changed that policy (towards Iran). The United States is addicted to pressure, sanctions and bullying…It does not work with Iran.”
“This is not a deadline for the world. This is not an ultimatum … Like in any democracy, we have to implement the law passed by the parliament…The move (to end snap inspections) is not abandoning the deal,” the top Iranian diplomat told Press TV’s Marzieh Hashemi.
“The minute they come back to full compliance, we will come back to full compliance.”
Earlier on Saturday, Zarif took a swipe at the Western governments and the UN nuclear watchdog for ignoring the Israeli regime’s silent expansion of the Dimona nuclear site.
“Israel is expanding Dimona, the region’s only nuclear bomb factory,” Zarif said in a post on his Twitter account on Saturday.
Tagging US President Joe Biden, the IAEA, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel, the top Iranian diplomat tweeted, “Gravely concerned? Concerned? A little? Care to comment? I thought so.”
Zarif’s tweet came after newly-released satellite images revealed that the Israeli regime — the sole possessor of nuclear arms in the Middle East — is conducting “significant” constructive activities at the Dimona nuclear facility.