On the Fifth anniversary of Israeli aggression on Gaza strip, Palestinian resistance movement Hamas, stressed that military preparations haven’t stopped and the groups’ capabilities are now greater.
In a post on his Telegram channel, Abu Ubaida said: “The heroic acts of our people and resistance during Operation Al-Asf Al-Maakoul had stunned both the enemy and the friend,” referring to the name set by Hamas of the 51-day war.
He added that the Israeli enemy has seen “just a little” of the group’s technological capabilities during the botched Israeli commando raid in Gaza’s Khan Younis in November-2018.
“Repercussions of (Khan Younis) operation still rock the Israeli military and security establishments and what we prepare (for the enemy) is much greater.”
Earlier on Monday, Hamas said that the result of the IOF investigation into the botched commando raid in 2018 is “an utter failure by the occupation intelligence services.”
A senior commander in the IOF’s Military Intelligence Directorate has left his post over the botched raid by special forces in the southern Gaza Strip last year, the second high-ranking officer to do so.
According to a report by Yediot Aharonot, Brig.-Gen. “G,” who served as commander of the Intelligence Directorate’s Special Operations Division, quit after learning from media reports two months ago that (Israeli) Chief of Staff Lt.-Gen. Aviv Kochavi asked his predecessor to replace him and rehabilitate the elite unit.
Hamas officials said that the failure of the operation spells “Gazan soil is forbidden for Zionists.”