Iranian Minister of Petroleum Bijan Zangeneh has accused Saudi Arabia and the UAE of exaggerating their ability to replace the country’s oil in the wake of a renewed push by Washington to zero Tehran’s exports by implementing “brutal” economic sanctions.
“I believe they are overstating their oil capacities,” Zangeneh said on Friday, after Saudi and Emirati officials pledged to make up for any potential oil supply shortages that may result in the absence of Iranian oil in the global market.
“Saudi Arabia will coordinate with fellow oil producers to ensure adequate supplies are available to consumers while ensuring the global oil market does not go out of balance,” said Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih earlier this week.
Zangeneh on Friday addressed concerns about the seriousness of United States President Donald Trump’s recent drive “to bring Iran’s oil exports to zero”, stressing that US sanctions-related measures were “no bluff”.
“[These measures] are very brutal provocations against the Iranian nation,” he added.
Iranian officials have, however, said that the US will fail in curbing Iran’s oil experts.
Source: Press TV