Cautious calm prevails on Monday morning in Ain Al-Hilweh refugee camp in the southern city of Sidon, after fierce fighting during the night, Al-Manar correspondent reported.
Our correspondent in Sidon said overnight clashes between Fatah movement and Takfiri group of Bilal Badr witnessed both heavy and light weapons in the areas of Jabal al-Halb, Al-Tiri and the vegetable market in the Fawqani street.
The latest toll of the fighting reached 8 killed and 40 injured, according to our correspondent.
All public and private schools in Sidon and Haret Saida were ordered to close on Monday due to the ongoing clashes, according to a ministerial order.
Earlier on Sunday, the terrorist Bilal Badr said he would not hand himself in to camp authorities, refusing to meet a six-hour deadline which was ordered during a meeting by different Palestinian factions on Sunday noon at Fatam movement headquarters in Sidon.
The clashes broke out on Friday after Badr group opened fire on the joint security force which was deploying in one of the three posts agreed upon following the last battle which lasted for days in the refugee camp last February.