Iraq’s volunteer force fighting Takfiris, Hashd Shaabi, warned against intentions behind US decision to pull out troops from neighboring Syria.
In remarks published by the Hashd’s website on Tuesday, deputy head of the Nineveh Operations Command, Haider Adel, stressed the volunteer forces’ readiness to counter any potential threat following the US pullout from Syria.
Adel meanwhile warned against suspicious intentions behind the withdrawal which was announced by US President Donald Trump last week.
“Our forces which are positioned in Nineveh are fully ready,” Adel said, adding: “The US moves to pullout troops and pave the way for ISIL operatives to get into Iraqi territory are not new.”
The Hashd official also pointed to previous attempts by US forces to facilitate the advance of ISIL terrorists in Iraqi territory.
“Recently we have witnessed an incident in which US forces had withdrawn from an area leaving behind them equipment and vehicles that were then used by ISIL terrorists against Iraqi targets,” said the deputy head of the Nineveh Operations Command.
Source: Hashd Shaabi Website