Palestinian resistance factions said the Zionist entity to be held responsible for any risk that Palestinian prisoners could be subjected to as dozens of prisoners started on Monday a massive hunger strike in protest against Israeli oppression against them.
In a joint statement, Palestinian resistance factions saluted the “courageous prisoners who are going into the Battle of Dignity- II, against the Zionist entity in light of international silence,” referring to the name of the hunger strike.
The statement also told the Israeli enemy “not to test” its patience, warning that they won’t keep mum if the prisoners were harmed.
leaders of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails started on Monday a massive hunger strike in protest against Israeli Prison Service oppressive measures against the Palestinian inmates.
Qadora Faris, head of Palestinian Prisoners Club, said on Monday that dozens of Palestinian prisoners have refused their meals as part of the strike, and that hundreds more plan to join.
For the past weeks, Israeli occupation forces have launched a large-scale campaign of suppression against Palestinian prisoners, especially in the Ketziot prison in the Naqab region, known in Hebrew as the Negev.
Earlier in February, Israeli authorities placed cell signal jamming devices in the prison to prevent prisoners from using smuggled phones – often the only means for them to stay in contact with their families.