The world should stand up to bullying behavior by the United States, Iran’s foreign minister, Mohamamd Javad Zarif, said.
In a letter from the top Iranian diplomat to his counterparts he asked “the remaining signatories and other trade partners” to “make up for Iran’s losses” caused by the US exit, if they sought to save the historic accord.
The nuclear deal was the result of “meticulous, sensitive and balanced multilateral talks”, Zarif was quoted as saying in the letter, parts of which were published by the state news agency IRNA on Sunday.
He added the landmark 2015 agreement could not be renegotiated as the United States has demanded.
Zarif said the US’ “illegal withdrawal” from the deal and its “bullying methods to bring other governments in line” with that decision have discredited the rule of law in international arena.
US President Donald Trump pulled out last month from the accord between Iran and world powers that lifted sanctions on Tehran in exchange for curbs to its nuclear program.